Soulver 3 is a smart notepad with a built-in calculator. It gives instant answers to any calculations it finds in your text. It’s a better way to work stuff out than with a traditional calculator, and a more lightweight tool for quick calculations than a spreadsheet.
- Instant calculations, no equals required
- Use words alongside numbers, so calculations make sense
- Quick totals of all your lines, and subtotals
- Calendar calculations (June 9 + 3 weeks, 3:35 pm + 6 hours 27 minutes)
- Easy percentages (“$300 – 10%”, “30 as a % of 200”)
- Unit conversions (“10 kg in pounds, “25 meters in feet”)
- 168 live real-world and cryptocurrency rates.
- Line references to build little calculating documents
- Variables & variable autocompleting
- Global variables & custom units
- Dark mode
- Sidebar for organising your sheets and the ability to make folders
- Headings (#), comments (//) & labels (:)
- Customize your syntax coloring & font
- Automatic number formatting, with spaces around operators and thousand separators
- Number scrubbing (hold shift and hover over a number)
- Deep macOS system integration: Touch Bar support, Quicklook, Calculate anywhere services
- Automation tools: a command-line interface, Alfred workflow, Automator action
Soulver 3 has 50 new features. Most requested features include support for dark mode, date & time math, subtotals, an integrated sheets manager and a redesigned user interface.
Note: Soulver 3 for Mac does not sync with Soulver 2 for iOS as they use different math engines. It can import your Soulver 2 (.soulver) files though
- Redesigned user interface supports dark mode and includes a sidebar for managing sheets within the app.
- Support for calendar calculations.
- Proportion/’rule of three’ functions (10 is to 20 as 50 is to what/15 is to 30 as what is to 80)
- Functions with multiple parameters: ‘midpoint between’, ‘greater/lesser of’, ‘remainder of’
- Unix time calculations
- More intuitive syntax for some percentage operators (’50 is 25% of what’)
- More large SI prefixes & support for small SI prefixes in answer formatting
- ‘Half of’ function
- Create folders for managing sheets.
- Trash for recovering recently deleted files.
- Drag sheets out of the sidebar to export a .slvr file
- Spotlight search integration
- Sort sheets by date edited, date created or title
- Import Soulver 2 or Soulver 3 files by dropping them on the dock icon.
- Designate a line a subtotal, which will add up all lines above it (up to the next subtotal or heading)
- Variables can now include multiple words
- Auto-complete support for variables (hit the escape key)
- Shift-hover over a variable to see its actual value on that line
- Variables can now be redeclared with new values.
- Scrubbable numbers (shift hover over a number to show the scrubber)
- Auto-thousands separator insertion (1000 becomes 1,000)
- QuickOperators (1p1 becomes 1 + 1, etc)
- Keystrokes to insert labels & variable declarations
- Touch Bar support with quick access to operators, sheet defined variables, and line references.
- A preferences to start sheets with a heading or a comment
Units & Currencies
- User definable custom units
- More scientific units
- Better answer formatting of time & imperial lengths
- Support for 16 popular cryptocurrencies
- Better handling of unit calculations in many cases than in Soulver 2.
- All real-world currencies now enabled by default (no need to add them manually)
Lines & References
- Rearrange & delete lines & via the answer column
- Bump lines up/down using keystrokes
- Reference insertion mode (hit a??L, then type the number of the line you want to insert a reference to)
- Command-line interface
- URL schemes
- Automator Action for evaluating text using Soulver
- Calculate anywhere services
- Alfred integration
- Automatically convert documents created in foreign locales into your preferred locale
- Soulver now uses a JSON based file format (.slvr) rather than XML based (.soulver)
- Import Soulver 2 files, and have them migrated to the latest syntax
- Use # for headings
- Implicit unit detection in some case (i.e 2 ducks + 2 ducks = 4 ducks)
- References can optionally refer to a line’s rounded value
- Redesigned styling preference pane with a live preview
- Heading styling (custom font size, and # colour)
- A redesigned reference that mimics the Soulver UI
- A new app icon by Marc Edwards
Compatibility: macOS 10.14 or later, 64-bit processor
FileName: Soulver_3_188.8.131.52_[TNT]_.net.dmg [13.89 MB]
FileSize: 13.89 MB