EagleFiler makes managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a standard three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, you can use it in concert with the other tools in your Mac ecosystem.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
- With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
- EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
- Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
- Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
- View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler’s streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, and a snippet collector. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It’s the most flexible tool on your Mac.
- When importing from Apple Mail, EagleFiler now sets the abbreviation symbols and colors for any colored flag tags.
- The capture key now works with DEVONthink 3 and preserves more metadata when importing.
- If you press the capture key in Leaf or News Explorer, EagleFiler now shows instructions for how to import instead of reporting an error.
- Updated the Import From Instapaper via NetNewsWire script for NetNewsWire 5. This script can also be used to import the unread articles from non-Instapaper RSS feeds.
- EagleFiler is better at importing the full content of Reddit Web pages that ask you to click a button to show more comments.
- Numeric sorting in the records list now works with numbers larger than 5 digits.
- Improved the speed of the records list when there are highlighted search terms.
- The text size in the Tag Cloud window now updates as you resize the window.
- Improved the following sections of the manual:
- How can I access my library from multiple Macs?
- Importing From a Scanner
- Improved the handling of errors when creating a new library.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler could report an error when capturing a message from Apple Mail that had an attached file whose name was encoded in a particular way.
- Updated to version 1.4.1 of the SkimNotes framework.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor